Download Rundeck Pro 2.2.0
Release Date: 2017-09-01
- Install your "rundeckpro-license.key" file for full functionality.
- If you do not have a License Key file, please contact Support
IMPORTANT instructions for RPM upgrade
If you are installing Rundeck Pro via RPM, please read this document: Upgrade RPM from Rundeck PRO 2.0.0/2.0.1 to a newer version.
The 2.0.0/2.0.1 RPM “upgrade” scripts inadvertently will remove
/var/lib/rundeck contents. You should not simply do a
yum update or
rpm -U to upgrade.
Changes in this release:
- Upgrade to Rundeck OSS 2.9.3
- Note: Java 8 is now required
- Rundeck 2.9.0 Release Notes
- New Plugins:
- Wait for Job Execution: wait for another Job to execute and achieve a certain state
- Execution Delete Step: query and delete executions
- Execution Retry/Search/Wait Steps
- Added bundled plugins:
- Servicenow: Steps, Resource Model, Notification
- Pagerduty Notification, HTTP Step, Slack Notification, S3 Step, Puppet-apply Step, Unix and PS utility steps.
- Updated plugins:
- SQL Runner: Allows URLs for SQL script source.
- File Transfer Step: Enable HTTP URL for File source
- Cluster Member first heartbeat fix
- Job Schedule graph only shows 10 Jobs
Cluster Manager Enhancements:
- Major improvements to the Cluster Manager user interface
- New: Remote Execution (Beta feature)
- When a user Runs or schedules a Job, the execution can be done on another Cluster member.
- You can create a policy for how to determine which Cluster members to run a Job on, either a global policy, or a custom profile for individual Projects.
- New: Auto-takeover (Beta feature)
- When a Cluster Member goes offline, another member can automatically take over scheduling of that Member’s Jobs
- You can define a policy of which members are allowed to be taken over
Configuration for Auto-takeover
# enables autotakeover for members detected as "dead" rundeck.clusterMode.autotakeover.enabled=true # policy indicates which nodes to take over. "Any": all dead nodes. "Static": only allowed uuids rundeck.clusterMode.autotakeover.policy=any # delay is seconds to wait after sending autotakeover proposal rundeck.clusterMode.autotakeover.delay = 60 # sleep is minimum seconds between autotakeover atttempts for a particular destination rundeck.clusterMode.autotakeover.sleep = 300
If using the static policy, you can configure a list of allowed member UUIDs to proceed with autotakeover for if they are marked as Dead. If a member is marked as dead and not in this list, then autotakeover will not be performed for it:
Rundeck Pro Editions
Installing the Rundeck Pro License Key
Upgrading from 1.1.x
You may evaluate RUNDECK for free for 15 days. After the trial period you will need to purchase a license to keep using RUNDECK and to receive support.